TEKEBRA 6241 TEKEBRA 6241 is Engineered and formulated to prevent staining of Copper and Copper Alloy. TEKEBRA 6241 forms a mono-molecular film on the metal surface. It leaves an invisible protective coating.
Operating Guidelines: TEKEBRA 6241 TEKEBRA 6241 may be added directly to rinse waters, wire and tube drawing solutions and most emulsifiable cutting and rolling oils. TEKEBRA 6241 is used at ambient to 190° F (88° C) maximum. The pH of working bath should be maintained above 5.0 and below 8.0.
Applications: Dilution Guidelines (%)
Final anti-stain rinse
0.07 - 0.1
Annealing quench waters
0.05 - 0.1
0.01 - 0.02
Wire and tube drawing bath
0.01 - 0.02
After the final steps in production process, if water spots or stains occur than follow one of the following options:
1. Last process step - hot water rinse at 80° C to 88° C (180° F - 190° F).
2. Apply forced air to dry the metal after TEKEBRA 6241 rinse.
3. Use rinse aid (wetting agent) supplied by General Chemical with TEKEBRA 6241.
HANDLING & STORAGE :
TEKEBRA 6241 TEKEBRA 6241 is a light brown liquid. Caution is recommended. Store inside. Do not freeze.
Following table provides guidelines on process time and TEKEBRA 6241 concentration at temperature above 140° F (60° C).
Time (Minutes) X Concentration of 6241= Factor
2. Clean area to be repaired to remove all debris, oil and paint. (If the radiator was cleaned in an ultrasonic boilout tank, the area to be repaired must be flushed with water and steel brushed.)
3. Dilute the flux to the recommended concentration if necessary.
4. Brush flux onto the area to be repaired.
5. Heat the area for 3 to 5 seconds with the hot inner flame.
6. Brush flux onto the area again. 7. Heat the area with the soft outer flame while touching the solder to the heated metal surface.
Note: The information presented herein is our interpretation of certain test results and field experience to date. The information is not to be taken as warranty or representation for which we assume legal responsibility, nor as permission or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license. It is offered solely for your consideration, investigation and verification.